The Benitz Library Web Request Order Forms are for in-library and remote online use by:
- Currently employed WSU Tri-Cities faculty and staff
- Currently enrolled students of the campus
- Current Temporary Borrowers of the Benitz Library who have become Friends of the Benitz Library.
Temporary Borrowers are members of the general public who do not otherwise have an active WSU ID number and have been assigned one for a year. An application is filled out requiring photo ID. Temporary Borrower numbers must be renewed each year. Formerly assigned, inactive WSU ID numbers will be activated for a year by this procedure. Temporary Borrowers are issued cards with the name and ID numbers.
Note that Temporary Borrowers may check out only Benitz Library circulating books and may not request off-site materials unless they have become Friends of the Benitz Library at the $100 level, as described below, in order to request materials from other WSU Libraries.
There are two different ways that requested materials are provided by the Benitz Library, depending on where the individual items are from:
- A Document Delivery service provides items requested from other WSU Libraries. Document Delivery is provided free to all eligible users, as noted in more detail below.
- The Interlibrary Loan service provides copies of journal articles requested from libraries outside the WSU system and books not found in Search It or Summit, the combined catalogs of universities and college libraries in Washington and Oregon. There may be charges for some Interlibrary Loan requests when materials cannot be borrowed without incurring a fee. Overdue fines will also be charged by lending libraries.
The Request Item feature in Search It may be used by current WSU faculty, staff, and students to request books from other WSU libraries. The Request Item feature may also be used in Summit, the Orbis/Cascade combined catalog, which is linked on the Search It pages, to request books directly from participating public and private colleges and universities in Oregon and Washington.
As stated before, Temporary Borrowers may not request materials from non-WSU libraries on Interlibrary Loan, however, they may order books and copies of journal articles on Document Delivery from other WSU Libraries by becoming annual members of the Friends of the Benitz Library at the Library Tower Level of $100 or more. Temporary Borrowers may thereby request Document Delivery items from other WSU Libraries for one year. Temporary Borrowers who are already otherwise giving to the WSU Foundation at the rate of $1000 per year or more, or whose immediate family members are, may have free Document Delivery without having to also join the Friends at that level.
Document Delivery is free for currently employed WSU faculty, staff and currently enrolled students.
The Benitz Library Web Request Order Forms provide eligible users a quick, convenient means for requesting items, whether users are in the Consolidated Libraries or at another location.
A sent Benitz Library Web Request Order Form generates an e-mail message that goes to the Tri-Cities Library Circulation Desk as shown in the Procedures for Determining Availability of Library Resources.
Read these instructions before filling out forms:
- These forms are not to be used for requesting articles from journals held in the Consolidated Libraries.
- The Search It and Summit catalogs must be checked before attempting to fill out the Web Request Order Forms.
- Check the WSU Tri-Cities List of Periodicals and the WSU Libraries E-Journals Search and A-Z list before ordering articles.
- Only completed forms can be submitted for processing. The system will not send incomplete forms.
- Only forms with currently active WSU ID Numbers will be processed.
- WSU items generally arrive in the Benitz Library within 1 - 4 working days.
- Notice is sent out by mail when books arrive.
- Call 509-372-7303 to see if articles have arrived.
- Order only one item per Request Order Form.
Web Request Order Forms
For ordering photocopies or scanned copies of journal articles on Document Delivery from other WSU Libraries, as shown in the journal holdings listed in Search It. The campus library owning the journal and its call number must be supplied.
For requesting items from the Media Materials collection in the WSU Pullman Libraries. Media Materials are designated as "WSU Media" in the CHOOSE A LIBRARY drag down menu in Search It.
Provided for ordering books not owned by the WSU Libraries or any of the other Oregon and Washington libraries represented in the Summit Catalog.
For ordering copies of journal articles on Interlibrary Loan from libraries outside the WSU system. This is only for journal articles not available through any of the WSU Libraries.